An effective barrier to microbial penetration for moderate to heavy exudating partial and full-thickness wounds, including pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, donor and graft sites, traumatic and surgical wounds and 1st and 2nd degree burns.
Instructions for Use
• Debride when necessary and irrigate the wound site in accordance with
• Remove excess solution from surrounding skin.
• Select a size of MPM ExcelGinate®AG Dressing that is slightly larger
than the wound.
1) Cut using clean scissors or fold the dressing to fit the wound,
either side down.
2) Loosely pack deep wounds, ensuring the dressing does not overlap
the wound margins.
3) For heavily exudating wounds, apply to the wound bed directly. For
wounds with minimal exudates, apply to a sterile water or saline moistened
4) Cover and secure MPM ExcelGinate®AG Dressing with a non-occlusive
Dressing Change and Renewal
1) Dressing change frequency will depend on patient condition and the
level of exudates. Initially it may be necessary to change the dressing every 24 hours.
2) Reapply MPM ExcelGinate®AG Dressing when the secondary dressing has reached
its absorbent capacity or whenever good wound care practice dictates that the
dressing should be changed.
3) Gently remove the secondary dressing.
4) If the wound appears dry, saturate the dressing with sterile water or normal
saline solutions prior to removal.
5) Gently remove the dressing from the wound bed and discard.
6) Irrigate the wound site with a suitable wound cleanser prior to application
of a new dressing.
*Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed healthcare practitioner. THIS IS AN Rx ITEM. UPON PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE, FAX A COPY OF YOUR PERSCRIPTION TO 972-893-4092. WE MUST RECIEVE THIS DOCUMENTATION TO PROCESS YOUR ORDER."